Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Happy Anniversary Hot Stuff!

We have a pretty amazing story, one that begins in 1995. Jake hates it when I tell the story, but I think it's pretty great and tell it whenever I get the chance. Plus, since this is sort of my scrapbook/journal I need to get it in writing.

In the spring of 1995 Jake and I were in Mr. Adams seminary class together, he was a Senior and I was a lowly Sophomore. I didn't think he knew I even existed. A year and a half later I receive a phone call from Jake, he's home from Rick's before heading to Italy on his mission and a few of his friends are getting together and setting up dates for each other, would I like to go out with his friend Craig. I didn't hesitate, sure I'd love to go out with Craig and the rest of the group. It was a really fun date, they took us rollerblading, Jake was very helpful at keeping me on my feet, cooked us dinner on the BBQ, and then we let off some fireworks. Jake and I definitely had a connection that night, but he never called me back (at least that's how I remember it, he swears he did 'cause I left my sunglasses in his car). So he went on his mission and I finished high school, went to college and started my life. Eight years later, 2003, I'm single, Jake's single and a few of our friends have talked about setting us up together, but it never happens. We eventually (this is the part Jake hates) I find him on LDSsingles and send him an email. He sends me an email back and asks me to call. I do later that evening, no answer. He was flying a friend to Burley that evening and hadn't landed in Boise yet, once he landed he gave me a call (thanks for encouraging him Bret) and we started talking. While walking back to his car Jake realized that he'd lost his keys. It was 11 o'clock, I figured that his parents were probably asleep so I offered to pick them up, I was so excited that I got a speeding ticket on my way. We talked for over 2 hours in his parents driveway that night. We talked again over the next few days and ended up going out (to thank me for picking them up at the airport). We've been together ever since, and it has been so much fun.

I have learned a lot, grown a lot and loved just about every minute of it. We were talking about things we would change in our lives if we could, the only thing I would change about us is that we hadn't lost those 8 years between 1995 and 2003.

This is our wedding day, December 26th 2003, we were sealed in the Boise Idaho Temple on January 29th 2005.

Top 10 things I LOVE about Jake:

1. His ability to be so grounded and level headed. I have highs and lows and he is always constant, I need that and appreciate it more than he knows.

2. He is a great Daddy, the kids scream in excitement the moment the door opens when he arrives at night and vie for his attention until they go to bed.

3. How handsome he is, every time I see him I get that little fluttery feeling.

4. He thinks I'm funny, no one else thinks I'm funny but he does.

5. Patience, his is endless.

6. His family, they are all great, I'm seriously so blessed to have such fun, smart, loving, giving in-laws.

7. His willingness to serve. I have watched him serve in many capacities and he has a love for everyone and is always ready and willing to share his time, talent, everything with others.

8. His love and dedication for his profession. He loves to fly, he's an amazing pilot and a humble one. If you want to get my husband talking just mention flying, he can talk about it for hours.

9. His kisses.

10. And I think my favorite is his righteous desire to do the right thing.

I love you Jake, happy anniversary!


6 comments:

RGL said...

Happy Anniversary you two! I know I made fun of Jake on FB but I really do like him! I wish we lived closer so we could get together more often, but that is life. Enjoy your anniversary!

Trina said...

Happy Anniversary! Have a good one.

Ang said...

Clever, remembering your in-laws read this and including #6! Believe it or not, we like you too.

Sweet post. I hope you guys get a chance to celebrate!

mindy said...

That was fun to read! I've wondered about your story and I'm glad to know now. Seems like a great match.

Disney Mom said...

I learn something new everyday! I always thought you got married in your first or second year of college, like when he got home from his mission.

The Palmers said...

I LOVED reading about you guys! How wonderful!