Thursday, August 12, 2010

$14.99 Dresser

Seriously, why can't I remember that the pictures I want to be seen first need to be uploaded last? And why don't I have the patience to reupload them? Sorry, once again you get my afters before my befores! This is Grant's new dresser, the one that really only cost $14.99! I have been thinking about a dresser for Grant since before he was born, I even designed one and had the parts and pieces made for it, I'm pretty sure those parts and pieces are still sitting around somewhere but since I have absolutely no skill with power tools and apparently no power of persuasion over those I know who do, it was never built. But, thanks to one awesome family, who stumbled across this gem in their basement and absolutely refused to take any money for it (thank you, thank you, thank you) we had a free dresser. It just happened to be exactly what I was looking for, short, wide, and sturdy. I didn't care what color it was, 'cause I knew what color I wanted it to be.
And thanks to this amazing tutorial on painting furniture, http://www.justagirlblog.com/2010/03/painting-furniture.html, I had the knowledge to get the result I was looking for.

Here is it is in all it's pre-magic glory, great bones, just needing some "polo" paint from Benjamin Moore to find it's spot in Grant's room.



1 comment:

Mamma Meg said...

Wow! Great job, it looks fantastic.