Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Celebrating 80 Years!

This amazing lady, my Grandma Jones, celebrates her 80th birthday today! This last weekend we had a family gathering to honor her and her 80 years. She has taught me so much; patience, kindness, endurance, service, hard work (she can work circles around me), reading, how to crochet, she has been a huge part of my craft/home making skills, canning, cooking, I think I get my love of projects from her. Ella is named after her, I just love and admire her so much.
She had requested new carpet for her front and back steps for her birthday, I volunteered Jake to install it for her, Grant volunteered to help Jake. It was so much fun watching them work together, I love my two boys.

My Mom, Jake, Grant and my cousin Debbie's husband Dan working hard at removing the old carpet from the back steps.

A few of the grandkids playing cards in the living room, more of us used to fit in that space, funny how things seem to shrink as we get older.

This is Jake and Grant in front of Jake's apartment at Rick's College, he has some fun memories from his years at Rick's and wanted a photo of him and Grant.

No comments: