Monday, June 22, 2009

How on Earth?

Last week after 9 years of dutiful service our washing machine malfunctioned! Fortunately I have a hubby who is handy and intelligent, he quickly diagnosed the problem, found the part online (for a very reasonable price) and had it on its way from California. Now, I did get to adventure with my children to the local laundromat with the colorful clientelle ranging from a high school girl doing her entire family's laundry to four carnies from Dairy Days while the part made it's way to Idaho. It arrived in good time and Jake quickly went to work figuring out how to install the new part, whose packaging declared it was easy to do.
I came home Saturday night and noticed the light in the laundry room was on, I turned the corner to turn out the light and this is what I saw. My 6'2" husband's head poking out of our washing machine. My first thought was, "How on earth did he get in there?" My second thought was, "And how is he going to get out". That's when I realized the appliance was in two pieces and he was merely inside the cabinet, still no easy feat to be sure.

So, with the help of a tutorial from youtube and some skills I didn't know Jake possessed our washing machine is up and running. Yay for self reliance and the internet!

1 comment:

mindy said...

ha ha ha! Those are great pictures! Silly me, it took me a minute to realize that there is NO WAY he could fit in there if the "stuff" was still inside. :o) Glad he was able to fix it. We can't live without our washers!